Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Joker Completed

Now for the fun parts with The Joker. When I was finishing this I read that The Dark Knight Rises won a scream award. Really? As much as I loved The Dark Knight, and Batman Begins, I'm not feeling this movie yet. It seems overrun by some intriguing actors (Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levit, Tom Hardy.)

But on to the art!


At first I wanted to do the image entirely in black and white, no grays, no color. But my talented boyfriend Matthew suggested I make the bricks gray instead of black. It really made a difference, it pushed the space back how I wanted.


Finally I added some color, the spray painted smiley face came first. Then I realized The Joker would look naked without his lipstick and green hair.

I had so much fun working on this character! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment